The joys of Owning a Motorhome...

Oh man, motorhomes are EVIL! I dont care if you own a beat up relic from 1932 or a $500,000.00 luxury bus that rolled off the assembly line yesterday.. these damned things needs lots more attention than people who buy them realize.

first off, what the heck is the deal with people gooping on silicone caulk like there is no tommorow?? gobs and gobs smeared all over in attempts to seal a leak caused by time ot simply driving the thing... do they not read? less is better!

I say this as I see that several of the leaks I have been fighting were due to the moron that installed the newish clearance lights they stuck them on and then smeared caulking all around them making them look like hell and cince they never cleaned the location, the sealent NEVER adhered because of the wax on the vehicle. so now I have to replace each one of them at $2.00 each and 30 minutes of time on each of them. great! I get to yet again fix another persons mistakes.... at least this time it will be right. and luckily in my search for cheap but good clearance lights I found a company that makes replacement tailligts that will look great and enhance the safety of this RV.

I really do like the RV, and I got it for dirt... but I never expected the large number of problems... at least I can fix alot of this stuff slowly so that by the end of next year I'll have a newish RV that will last a few years for the price of a cheap used car...

Now to figure out how to adjust the van door latches...

Comments

Popular Posts