Life, thiefdom, and an ok ending...

Well the past month sucks.... My aireo was stolen, so development on it has slowed significantly.... That bites, The guy I bought a replacement engine for my Geo Metro finally shipped me an engine, something I did not agree to or even want... so I shipped it back, he is claiming that it was "damaged" in shipment and is investigating if it was insured... Who cares, he arranged shipping, but any responses to my emails for the past week and a half have gone unanswered. To remind everyone.... Steve Spaulding from E and E auto service in Wiscassett, ME. They have had my money for over 2 months now. Could not ship me what I asked for, and now is sitting on my money probably forcing me to file a lawsuit and complaints with the police in ME... Do not do business with these people, 2 months of lies and bungling are what you will get from them.

On a brighter side I bought a rolled Geo Metro on ebay for 400 bucks. it runs great and I have already pulled more than $400.00 in great new parts from it already and the engine has not even been pulled yet. It has a working AC system in it but I think transplanting Air conditioning might be a bit too difficult. But I have a set of the projector headlight assemblies that i can transplant that are crystal clear and undamaged!

I also found a dirt cheap solution to my lack of aireo and my podcast habit... for $24.00 at the local costco I picked up the VR3 ciggarette lighter mp3 player that plays from a usb memory stick. It happily plays the podcasts and was happy talking to my 1 gig fuji and my 256 meg lexar memory usb sticks. it has a much stronger FM transmitter than the aireo and can tune below 89mhz so I can sit in the low frequency range of the dial where most clear spots are. i also found that wrapping a thin wire around it a couple of times and then stretching it to the rearview will boost the transmit to the point it will overcome a weak station... pretty cool...

Comments

Popular Posts