Why I feel all the HD cameras out there suck.

I have shot for years with canon XL1's XL2's Gl1's Gl2's Sony digibeta with 30,000 fujinon lenses... and I never had the problems I have now with HD...

The dreaded Purple Fringing....

Every JVC HD camera I have tried has purple fringing. Panasonic HMC150 it's there too.. and all the canon Digital recording cameras have it. It is not visible in the Canon HDV cameras... Which surprises me.

If you use Sony Vegas, you have a option to fix it, well reduce it. you can run the color corrector and pick the purple and use a slider to remove it. It affects other purples in the video though.

A major win for Sony vegas... now only if they had bundled the steadicam plugin like they do with their low end consumer version of Vegas...

Comments

Popular Posts