Downsizing your life....

I have been looking at life downsizing. Lynne and I are soon to be just us two in a few short years and living in a 2100 sq foot home seems to be silly to me. So I have been looking at small home plans, well actually cottages and trying to find something that would be perfect for us two and occasional guests. In my quest online I stumbled across a guy that has taken my idea to an extreme, tumbleweed houses are incredibly small house living. I find it innovative how small they are going but they are foregoing simple things like real plumbing, fire escapes, etc... I think it's a neat-o idea for a very original camper, but certainly not a place where 2 could live.

I am looking at 750-960 sq feet for our home. small and designed for efficient life and energy use. on that small of a scale you can build the home with 6" walls full of high end insulation and if you set the house right with the right windows you will get a huge solar heat gain in the winter. I do not know if Lynne is sold on the idea yet, but it's something we need to look at. Both of us are unhappy where we are now, we want to be out and away from the city, but really want to have our housing costs to be as low as possible as well as utilities being as low as possible...

Smaller also means cozy.. and we like cozy.

Comments

Popular Posts