Get rid of Windows Messenger in XP

If you hate Windows Messenger as much as I do and just want to get rid of it then follow these quick steps.

Click on start/My Computer/Add or remove programs/Then select Add/Remove Windows Components off to your left hand side, then uncheck Windows Messenger at the very bottom, now select next and your all done.

Im sure msmsgs.exe will be lurking around in your task manager so if you want get ridd of it from there follow these quick steps.

Start/run (you can either type or copy and paste this in the run box) RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove press ok, and now it will ask you to restart the computer and select ok, msmsg.exe will be history.


I do not remember where I got the above snippet but recently found it in my important snippets file and thought it was important enough to post.. If' this was your original instructions let me know and I'll give you credit.

Comments

Popular Posts