IT support companies...

Being a IT veteran of 20 years and working really hard to keep my skills current I get upset when I come across so called "professionals" that give out not only bad advice but tell clients blatant lies. A local IT support company here called Next I.T. told the IT staff and technology committee at my daughters school that Windows was more secure than Linux because Open source means that anyone can see inside your servers easily....

This is the most bold faced lie I have EVER heard come out of someone. If they were an under informed CEO or someone that did not have any formal education and background in Computer Technology and/or IT, I would give them slack for not knowing what they were saying, but these people pass themselves off as experts here locally in Computer technology, IT, and networking. I stood there slack jawed and asked again, were they sure that this person from this supposed respectable company said such a thing? Yup, it was confirmed even with more details.

I can not believe that someone acting as a IT expert would be that under educated and under trained to know these things. Open source makes it more insecure because someone can gain access easily because the source code is readily available.. Oh good grief, anyone saying this is proving to you that they know very very little about computers and you should shop elsewhere. The internet runs on Open Source software and operating systems, IBM backs it, SUN backs it, Autozone and other big companies use it for their critical servers and workstations... I guess Google must be a small company to them.

It's like the mechanic that tells you are out of blinker fluid...

Comments

Popular Posts