Fedora Core 6 - testing the waters once more....

I am working on making an on demand video system we can sell to customers here at work. I have a working system based on windows and have started on a Linux based. So I decided to try Fedora core once again.. I bailed on fedora calling it crap back in the beginning when red hat abandoned all of us that brought them into the corporations. Fedora core 1 stunk, it's installer broke all the time and had gobs of problems.. I decided to try Fedora Core 6... hey it's been 3+ years, they have to have fixed things....

Nope... Fedora Core still stinks. After install, my LCD says "unsupported video mode" .. after 6 hours of screwing around and installing drivers and manually tweaking things I got it to display a normal video mode. It seems that the developers decided that a non standard video mode is perfect for fresh installs. I guess new users like not having things work.

Fedora has been deleted and the disc thrown in the trash. It's still crappy because the developers do not take the care to be 100% sure it works right away.

Comments

Popular Posts