Updating the BigTree TFT35 E3 V3 LCD for the Creality printers

 

I decided it's time to upgrade my printer and went with the Bigger name of main board and their fancy touch controller screen.   All was well until it is time to update it.     It went to a "Illegal user App!" message and nothing at all could recover it.


Well I figured out why,  BigTree  has poor to non existent documentation and using their firmware for what you THINK is the touchscreen is not the right firmware.


The photo below is the back of my board.   look at the first 2 letters of the processor.  see that GD as the first two letters of the processor number?   You need to look for that in the firmware repository.

I used the BIGTREE_GD-TFT35_E3.27.x.bin, added the config.ini, and the TFT32 folder of the graphics and uploaded.

After hitting reset a few times as their bootloader is buggy it finally started to load the new firmware update and fix my board.



  

Comments

Popular Posts