Drawn back into my past hobbies....


Friends recently have had a resurrection of RPG gaming. I was into this back in high school, but college, girls, and beer became my biggest world of interest as I became older. Fast forward to the past few months, I was encouraged to play a game of D&D and had some fun... hey this game is better with Beer! I started talking to the guys about what I used to play... Traveller, a space future RPG, and my favorite.. The Morrow Project. It was a post WW-III game where you roamed the united states after it has been wiped out after a major nuclear war.. None of them heard of it, and they all went nuts wanting to play it.. they all envisioned a Fallout3 world. Morrow is not like that, it is more of a humanitarian, rebuild society kind of thing. So here I am on Saturday morning scouring the internet for Morrow Project only to discover it's been out of print for decades and can not be bought if you wanted to. How can I do this?

Enter Steve Jackson Games and his incredible GURPS system. GURPS is a generic universal Role Playing Game system that you can use to play almost any scenario. I'm using it to re-create the Morrow Project. Luckily all the materials are available used on Amazon.com

Here's to wasting my friday evenings being a geek again....

Comments

Popular Posts