More Motorcycle madness...

I ripped out the stock AM/FM cassette radio on the motorcycle and plopped in a JVC car head unit (after 1/2 hour cutting with a dremel) and fit it in there nicely. Ohh look, the short that was eating my battery is gone! Along with a wiring mess that some previous owner graced the bike with. I now have a clean head unit that shows off how crappy the speakers are. Yay, Motorcycle stores sell replacements for $69.99 each as they are "special"... yeah special alright.. They are standard 4" car speakers. get some poly cone ones with a rubber surround and for $14.95 you got new speakers that sound better. I need to rig up a remote for the volume, and a nice side benefit is that the JVC Sirius receiver in my car will plug right in this radio...

Looking to expand my options, I'm designing some rear trunk speaker pods. might as well give the wife some tunes... I'm also contemplating on painting the whole thing silver. I was going to pay to get it done, but I think I could do it myself. Duplicolor has a nice line of easy to spray paint, silver with a metallic clear and then regular clear would look really good and all for about $125.00 including buying a paint gun. Or I might chicken out and simply have it painted by a pro...

Gas mileage is a bit low, I'm getting about 38-40 mpg. these bikes get 50mpg typically and I think it's because the Previous owners never really did any maintenance. Valve lash probably needs adjusting, carb sync needs to be adjusted... etc...

Overall getting used to riding a 800 pound top heavy monster is not that bad. you cant be stupid on it like most of the crotch rocket riders I see (yes standing on your seat at 65mph is stupid) Plus you cant be sad riding your bike....

Comments

Popular Posts