Ok, the hotel room is cool, 14th floor and an awesome view. I was able to get some really awesome photos at night of the Southfield skyline. The part that really SUCKS is that the internet in the room is broken. so here I sit with my ubuntu laptop and stuck with crappy Hotel TV.. Yuck. that is until I noticed a single bar that appeared on my wireless indicator on the Gnom toolbar! Wooo! wireless I am able to glom onto some poor sap's wireless connection about 2 blocks away (Nearest home I can find visually) from the 14th floor if I hold the laptop against the window and position myself just right to act as a reflector to increase the RF gain.

My first real experience of the benefits of leaving your wireless accesspoint wide open. I thank this person profusely! Thanks for letting me use your wireless from far away.

Comments

Popular Posts