Dog Days of June....

Ok so I'm whining.... it's 84 degrees F out ant 100% humidity.. I dont like uncomfortable weather... and I am getting sick of rainstorms and thunderstorms every day or so.. Ok enough whining...

I bailed 100% on the MythTV. I have switched to a replayTV box (5504 40 hour unit) and using the DVarchive and replaytools programs to get the same job done but for $12.99 a month for the guide data. Advantage??? this thing actually works and I dont have to fight with it... that is a nice feature :-) disadvantage?? well thirteen bucks a month kind-of sucks... no it's not expensive but it's yet another expense I really dont need.

Anyways, I bought mike one so I can trade for his motherboard+PVR-250 card. I'll find a use for the motherboard and card somewhere... dont know where yet and it might be for the Camper-server project.... serving wifi to the masses near me when camping...

Oh I'm still looking for a nwe GPS... I found one place that has the Garmin Etrex Ledgend for $139.00 that just might be the one I get...

Oh well, this weekend I'm looking at camping... the first time cince fixing the roof leaks.. hopefully I can get the 2meter radio installed before then.... runnnig the coax line will be the hard part.

A side note, taking in a laptop for rapair the new receptionist redhead at the computer repair shop was hitting on me. It's kind of cool to be hit on, although redheads and I dont mix well... at least the last 2 didn't mix well with me.. Anyways.. I'm already taken by a wonderful woman in my life, but it's nice to feel that you still got it....

Comments

Popular Posts