Fun for friday...

Great, at least I'm motivated on IT and IS issues today... I finally upgraded the RAM in my NCD explora 701 I use for programming and admining the linux servers here at work and elsewhere in the company.. I was getting tired of running into "out of RAM" with aonly 10 windows open... so I upgraded it to 48meg, blew out the tons of dust bunnies and decided to make that flash card slot actually hold my configuration in that flash card I have been hiding in there. Discovered a neat side effect of Mandrake 10, if you ssh into it from a linux box or a Xterminal it will detect this and reverse tunnel any X apps you launch. I typed draxconf in hoping to get the text mode configuration panel and up pop's the X graphical panel on my NCD terminal! SchweeT! The production guys are whining about the dead printer near their cubes. I guess it's too hard to walk 4 steps to the OTHER PRINTER near them. I tell you "creative" people are a biggere pain in the butt than sales people... with that or it's the general Laziness of the human spiecies.

Anyways, the company wants me to remotely upgrade and transfer that critical web app that I wrote to the new server in the regional Headquarters... it's times like this you discover exactly how slow a T-1 line really is......

Enough about work, I finally got the RV's water system set up... leaks abound, plus I think that there is a leak that will takes some money to fix on the "new" pump the seller installed himself about a year ago.... also I have found several other "problems" that are not big, but do need attention within the next year... I still cant wait to go camping and get this thing on the road. Lynne says we shouldn't go camping in Marshall this weekend but only go down there sunday for a shorter film shoot of the site getting set up... I am really starting to get depressed over this documentary we are supposed to be shooting... I don't have the time to shoot all the video I want, and with only 2 shooting weekends left I am not sure if I just need to give up completely on it.

It is going to be really shallow for a documentary... I'm thinking just making it an image piece and a couple of commercials for the renfaire and calling it done, maybe I can get a tax write off for the $$$$ we already spent on it.

Now if it only would stop raining twice a day so my grass would stop growing like crazy.... mowing twice a week sucks...

Comments

Popular Posts