Why I'll never own another GM car...


Ok, not "never" as in nothing ever again... But as in Never own a Gm car that is newer than 1990. Gm stopped making decent cars around that time as far as I am concerned...

I had been a Die-hard Pontiac guy forever. As a little kid my dad was a GM UAW worker, Uncle worked in a Lansing Oldsmobile plant, We were a GM family. We Owned and drove GM cars... But things changed in 2001 when I bought a Pontiac Aztek. I bought the most expensive car I ever owned at the time.... $27,995.00 for that GM vehicle and it was full of promises that it's gonna last forever due to GM technology....

Fast foreward 10 years and only 120,000 miles. Bad head gaskets due to GM sourcing China junk. Bad Intake gaskets due to bad engineering design. Bad wiring harnesses due to inept engineers not checking placement. Bad BCM modules due to having them made in china for the lowest possible price. Bad dashboard lighting LED's due to lowest bidder china parts. Bad Wheel bearings due to engineering flaws. Poorly designed plastic gas tank that cracks and causes dangerous fuel leaks. Defective condenser coils for AC, Low quality AC compressors. And all of it wrapped up in a nice bag of "sucks to be you" from GM management to all owners of these vehicles and owners of any GM vehicle with a 3400 engine in it. 90% of the major flaws with this car are NOT covered under any recall. Gm with their insulting 36,000 mile 3 year warranty knows that most of this stuff will not fall apart in the first 36,000 miles because they intentionally designed it to fail around 40,000 miles. If I was an isolated case, I'd understand that I just ended up getting lemon. But the majority of Aztek owners have experienced either all or most of the above problems. I then discovered from friends and relatives that other GM cars had the same pile of problems and even new ones. Any car with the 3400 engine can and will have the head gasket and intake gasket failures. Most cars made after 2001 will have wiring harness failures because of inept engineers running the stupid harness from inside the car to outside placing a key connector under the car within the salt spray area from the tires unprotected. Low quality parts to increase profit are also incredibly common. Buick, Pontiac and Chevy cars all share the same pile of problems, and the number of people reporting the same problems across product lines is staggering.

What does GM do? Spend a ton of money to put a commercial on TV saying "Oops sorry about our bad quality".

I give my cars better than recommended care. 3000 mile oil changes, all maintainable tasks listed in the manual done on time. Even items not listed that I know are important are done. Heck I even wax the underside of my cars (before winter) to reduce corrosion. Every failure I experienced was due to a manufacturer defect or Bad engineering. None of which GM will own up to.

Guess what GM. I'm not buying your cars EVER again... Gm screwed up big time to make a UAW kid that loves his pontiacs to leave and A TV commercial saying sorry will not get me back.

Comments

Popular Posts