In the shadow of summers end.

Here we are standing in the shadow of the end of summer. My daughter is starting highschool thursday, Next weekend is labor day weekend, The days are shorter, and nothing I had planned for the summer came to fruition. I pretty much spent the summer injured with a severed fingertip, sprained the same ankle 3 times 2 times on top of an existing injury making it nearly impossible to walk much, stairs were near impossible. We did not get to do any camping, the RV sat unused by us (a family of 20 some mice used it all summer.) We did not travel anywhere because of the insane gas prices, and we really are not done unpacking from the move in May....

Personally I am happy summer is almost gone. I'm a fall person. I love fall and can not wait for the heat and insects of summer to become a memory while I enjoy the cozy fall nights, cooler tempreatures and the peace and quiet that comes with having the summer visitors all gone for the year...

Comments

Popular Posts